The Talent Development Business Partner is a member of Symantec's Talent Development team within the Talent Organisation. The Talent Development Business Partner is responsible for co-creating the talent agenda and plan with Leaders and HR stakeholders within the US region and across specific business unit and functional areas.
This position will possess good talent intelligence and will co-create an organizational plan to design, develop and deliver innovative solutions for talent reviews, succession planning, talent development, and building talent capability and mindset within their areas of responsibility.
Symantec provide professional skills development for individual contributors, leaders, and executives in the soft skills arena and the Talent Development Busienss Partner is responsible for the design, development and deployment of blended learning programs, including classroom, synchronous and asynchronous e-learning, webinars, video-teleconferencing, and social networking.
This individual will use best practices in education to deliver and manage learning interventions necessary to produce measurable performance outcomes, against both global scheduled calendars and programs and through consultative interventions. Job Description Responsibilities
- Develop trusting and meaningful stakeholder relationships with key functional HR and client groups and partner to understand and align to business strategies and priorities.
- In partnership with HR and key leaders, develop and implement talent strategies for identification and development of targeted groups (e.g., future leaders, critical talent, diverse talent, etc).
- Act as a partner to the business areas to assess learning and professional development needs and develop learning programs to not only meet those needs, but deliver measurable outcomes.
- Manage core talent projects and processes end-to-end, including conception, design, implementation, launch and evaluation. Use metrics to track and improve programs to better serve the business.
- You will also champion and lead key talent and learning programs to support the business strategy and priorities.
- Manage and deliver Company training and development activities in accordance with organizational requirements including new hire corporate orientation, on boarding, core curriculum, etc.).
Create and update program content and materials and other key support tools and design learning solutions using multiple delivery and distribution channels - instructor lead training, virtual instructor led training, eLearning,
- mobile learning, micro learning, webinars and more, using dynamic instructional design methodologies.Develops written training materials, visual aids, and reference materials, including course curriculums.
- Consult with key functional HR partners and Leaders on all phases of talent management, including: talent mapping, assessment, development plans, and succession planning.
- Surveys various training techniques, materials, and commercial offerings to select the most appropriate process for the delivery of training.
- Delivers targeted, audience-appropriate instructor-led training sessions.
- Researches and utilizes the most impactful learning technologies to deliver learning solutions to include social learning.
- Capture insights gained through the process to inform learning, leadership development, talent pipeline and succession strategies.
- Proven track record in Talent Mapping, Succession Planning, and Performance Management.
- Significant experience in designing and developing learning or talent programs.
- Preferably a solid background in Human Resource Management.
- Applied knowledge of measurement and program evaluation, to level 4.
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment on multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in business terms.
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to change and accelerated timelines.
- Impeccable track record in managing confidentiality and promoting an inclusive environment.
- Comfort and skill in working with a multitude of systems and tools.Ability to learn and master new software applications quickly and thoroughly.
- Educational qualifications such as Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, InstructionalDesign/Technology, Educational Psychology, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning principles, frameworks and instructional design.
- Succession planning - pragmatic knowledge of succession planning frameworks and a variety of proven practices, tools and techniques that help a company identify and place high potential talent.
- identify opportunities and take action to work collaboratively and build strategic partnerships with senior leaders from various business units, including within HR.
- Agile Mindset - the ability to work in an iterative manner that allows for rapid prototyping, effective feedback loops, and the ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Managing Competing Priorities - effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure multiple priorities are balanced and managed successfully.
- Change Management - ability to create a mindset shift and adoption across a variety of stakeholders, using proven change management practices.
- Innovation Mindset - the ability and willingness to try new ways of working and thinking to drive different kinds of results.
- Talent Assessment - can accurately profile/assess talent, strengths, styles and limitations.
- Influencing and Persuasion - demonstrated experience of using appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea from business partners.
- Managing Complexity - effectively identifying, breaking down, and managing difficult situations and work tasks.
- Strategic Decision Making - obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving strategic business goals and committing to a course of action to accomplish set talent goals.
- - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks, structures, processes and culture.
- Performance management - understanding of the latest trends in performance management.
- Business Acumen - strong business acumen and understanding of the impact of correct talent planning and solutions on overall corporate performance.
Willingness and ability to travel worldwide up to 25%
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.