This position is responsible for building and providing direction to the global team delivering the operations, systems and processes that enable our global talent management processes. This includes undertaking the provision of learning, performance, engagement, and talent shared services across the extended BMS enterprise in a dynamic, fast paced, results oriented environment. S/he is the Global Process Owner (GPO) for key talent processes (eg. Workforce planning, succession planning, leadership development and learning administration and logistics). The leader will partner closely with the Global Talent Organization Center of Expertise (GTO) and participate in the design of strategies that align with the current HR Transformation with an eye for translating those strategies into deployment plans inclusive of processes, procedures, change management considerations and system requirements. Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Serves as a true operational partner to the GTO team. Provides system and process expertise to this client group to enable the innovative talent strategies rolled out globally across BMS.
- Global Process Owner for key talent processes eg. Workforce planning, succession planning, leadership development and learning:
- Defining standards and ensuring harmonization in the end to end processes between Talent management, performance management, learning & development operations and any other impacted processes
- Accountable to develop and maintain the design for end-to-end process and produce process documentation (including setting guidelines/tolerances for handling issues and taking local variations into account in the design). Consults with the People Services Lead in the Capability Centers to ensure design and documentation will allow successful operation
- Accountable for communicating change in process as appropriate
- Functions as liaison between GTO and HR Capability Centers to translate strategy into day to day processes and procedures to be carried out by our teams in the Centers. Provides feedback to GTO on trends and data collected via contacts to the Capability Centers to help inform future roll outs.
- Shared responsibility for enabling high percent of first contact resolution in our Capability Centers by providing all needed knowledge capital and partnering to remove roadblocks for smooth operations.
- Partners closely with HRIT to leverage BMS technology platforms, identify and recommend changes to scope and requirements for capital expenditures to implement the Global Talent Organization programs
- Monitors the effectiveness and efficiency of the Talent management, Performance, engagement and learning programs and uses data to recommend modifications to continuously improve these processes, reduce costs and improve efficiency & client satisfaction
- Partners with People Services Service Management and Reporting Teams and/or HR Analytics team to provide data and analysis for all reporting required for GTO, including items such as tracking of employee objectives entered into system, diversity and inclusion statistics of candidate slates, learning data for regulatory bodies and European works council negotiations, etc.
- Defines and manages SLAs related to the relevant process areas and maintains open communication with business stakeholders, especially with learning administrators throughout the company
- Oversees and provides support to Tier 2 cases; Identifies global/regional issues and trends with an eye for continuous improvement opportunities
- Manages operational relationships with vendors and provides evaluations to ensure quality and consistency of vendor services
- Defines performance goals and manages the performance of the team to ensure they are meeting the key SLAs
- Maintains a keen sense of external trends in learning and talent management operations; makes recommendations for fit for purpose improvements to ensure BMS maintains an appropriately competitive suite of tools
- Manages a global team of professionals with some remote management. Ensures that team members are engaged with clear direction and accountability, as well as appropriate development opportunities
- Ensures compliance with the organization quality standards and training requirements
- Sits on the People Services Leadership team as well as an adjunct to the GTO Leadership Team
- 8-10 years prior experience leading teams responsible for learning and development, performance and engagement, and talent management with responsibility for the development and execution of talent strategies in complex organizations, including direct budgetary responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders at all levels of a highly matrixed organization and the ability to work across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams
- Clear ability to effectively partner and collaborate with center of excellence and shared service center peers to deliver the best talent solutions for the company
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with all levels of an organization including senior executives
- Experience developing and deploying end to end processes in a global environment
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art functional knowledge of current and emerging talent interventions and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage deadlines for a number of varied projects and priorities
- Experience with the development and rollout of enterprise-wide systems and initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence virtually
- Experienced people manager with the ability to manage a team of professionals, maintaining engagement, development and delivery of all accountabilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage outsource providers and contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree 8 to 10 years relevant experience
- Consulting skills/ impact and influence abilities/ strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, planning, organizational, and project management skills
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.