Posted: November 09, 2017
Reference ID: 1072715
The Microsoft Talent Acquisition team is looking for a Talent Sourcer to own sourcing strategies and outreach focused on the Commercial space across Canada. As a member of our team, you will own finding, curating and engaging passive candidate pipelines for a variety of roles within our Microsoft Canadian subsidiary. This role is a unique opportunity to hire talent that is the human face of the Microsoft experience for many of our customers.
You will play a central role in ensuring that our employees represent the multi-faceted diversity of our customers and communities and embody the culture of customer service and continuous learning at the heart of our company.
This is high-speed, high-volume recruiting and requires creativity, the ability to build strong relationships with our clients, partner teams and candidate networks, and a focus on communicating the right information to the right audience at the right time.
We’re searching for someone who develops and executes meaningful strategies leveraging data insights to identify the right talent for our business partners and their success. The team you will join is highly collaborative and has a roll-up-your sleeves and dig in work ethic.
We value drive for results, creative problem solving, proactive knowledge sharing and building on the work of others. In this role you will have the opportunity to impact a broad business with direct customer engagement.
- Work with the Recruiting leaders and recruiters in defining and maintaining hiring needs
- Identify and execute on strategic outreach, referral generation, events, and pipelining efforts
- Work with teams to engage leaders early in the recruiting cycle and look for opportunistic hiring
- Craft custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement
- Work with schedulers and recruiters to ensure a remarkable candidate experience.
- Mentor and help drive improvements with recruiters and interviewing teams
- Research and gather market intelligence
- Understand and execute against shifts in the marketplace that present recruiting opportunities.
- Track candidate activity and share with internal stakeholders
- Be gutsy, creative, move quickly, and always follow through
- 7 years of staffing/recruiting experience
- 7+ years recruiting experience, preferably in technical sourcing within the technology industry
- Excellent research/sourcing skills including use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- BA/BS degree in business, communications, human resources or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Ability to deliver results with little supervision, and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and candidates
- Decisive and able to push back constructively when appropriate
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers.
*Flexible on job location
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada?
At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential.
Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Employee Software Purchase Program, Fitness Membership & Subsidy, I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days), Employee Assistance Program
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicant’s with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your need.