The Microsoft Public Sector Services, Department of Defense team is looking for an exceptional business and technical leader to perform the role of a Senior Technical Account Manager (TAM), responsible for managing one or more of our key Federal Customer(s).
A TAM is a trusted business advisor to Microsoft’s Premier Support customers providing strategic guidance around operations and optimization of their IT infrastructure through quality Service Delivery Management. Once a Premier customer has deployed a Microsoft product, should something unexpected occur, the TAM working with Customer Service and Support (CSS), manages the incident to resolution and then follows up to ensure either product improvement within Microsoft or operational improvement within the customer’s IT environment. By maintaining a long-term relationship with their customers, a TAM gains an understanding of their customers. IT organizations impact on overall business, their IT goals, and their improvement points - which is used by the TAM to create a Service Delivery Plan ensuring their customers; operational IT roadmap leads to success with Microsoft products.
Qualified candidates should have an advanced degree or equivalent experience in leading a professional services delivery team or managing service delivery. Experience within the US Marine Corps is a plus. Candidates must understand technology and have the background to provide leadership in the technological services practice. Strong oral/written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, combined with effective business acumen and negotiation skills and a demonstrated effectiveness in a managerial role are required.
The role requires a leader who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated knowledge in services, operational support, customer relationship management and business development.
Key initiatives for this role include:
Customer health through service delivery, planning and execution; customer satisfaction; emphasis on prevention and consultative advice (ITIL and MOF); management of and ability to drive growth of support services to enterprise services customers.
Scope and decision making include:
• Manages service delivery of a team of peers, leads through influence.
• Ability to interact communicate, strategize and influence at C-levels
• Manages a diverse and complex scope of support issues. Solve complex support issues effectively.
• Manages/leads critical support escalations, often including multiple internal and external support teams and often with visibility to internal and external leadership teams.
• Assesses customers risks and needs and recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address.
• Documents recommendations formally via service delivery plan and presents to customer and virtual account team unit.
• Manage the delivery of recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer satisfaction and trust.
• Make good, timely and financially sound decisions with moderate uncertainty or pressure on a consistent basis. Decisions sometimes impact immediate group and other related groups.
• Determine most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing internal resources.
• Leads sharing of best practices with team community. Consistently establishes and maintains working relationships with internal support delivery teams, customer support teams, customer contracts and materiel representatives.
• Frequently establishes and maintains relationships with Field Sales and MCS to execute on a service account/delivery plan.
• Position relies internally upon CSS Support Professionals, Premier Field Engineers, and their management, MCS Services (Engagement Managers/Project Managers), and Services Account Managers (Services Executives), EPG Account Executives, and Premier/Services regional and worldwide HQs.
• Communicates with and influences Microsoft Services leadership/management at team level.
• Externally, position relies upon Customer Support Manager (CSMs) and named Support Contacts - usually comprised of IT managers and individual technical contributors. Must also be able to establish and maintain consistent and productive relationships with customer Senior Director and CIO-level leadership teams.
• The position may require up to 50% travel.
• Lead clients through ITSM driven improvements.
• Able to maintain a broader perspective, and identifies and evaluates opportunities to enhance the business through cross-group collaboration.
• Creates influence strategies that cross organizational boundaries to achieve broad business goals.
Key Success Factors:
• Effective communication, facilitation and influencing skills
• Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
• Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel
• Entrepreneurship spirit.
• Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
• Articulates technology, solutions and services in a compelling way to all audiences. Expertly tailors messaging to specific audiences.
• Implements metrics to drive continuous improvements; drives the overall return on investment.
• Ability to lead the adoption of Microsoft technologies to influence the industry-wide direction of specific technologies and services.
• Collaborative leadership skills - exhibits willingness to engage other business partners within the organization, is innovative, creative and a team player with a solution-based approach to capture opportunities and remove barriers
• Clear Thinker - Strong decision making skills: takes proactive steps to generate results, uses data and other inputs to make decisions, owns decision, and takes accountability for work using strong organizational and analytical skills
• Provide technical mentoring, assessment and development to consultants in related technical communities.
• Contribute to IP development and reuse initiatives and drive proven practices in architecture, planning, and customer relationships.
• Providing customer guidance during product and services sales cycle
• Playing a vital part in business strategy by providing internal practice management risk assessment and review
• Driving successful solution deployments by ensuring proper business value and customer/partner satisfaction
• Growing the business through mentoring, talent pipeline development, and community evangelism
• Driving operational excellence and innovation
• Proven ability to solve challenging problems and deliver timely and high quality design solutions when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands, and technical risks.
• BA/BS required
• ITILv3 Foundation certifications required.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in an enterprise support environment
• 3+ years experience in two or more of the following: IT project management, network and desktop operating systems, information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management and operations, security.
• Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
• Contribute to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives.
• PMP certifications highly preferred.
• This role requires US citizenship and a minimum DoD Security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• Overnight travel is required although primary workplace will be onsite / remote in an East Coast regional area.
• Travel requirements may vary and could be as much as 50% travel.
• Candidates must possess current passport or be able to obtain passport within 90 days of hire. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.