At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide exemplary customer service in by managing total absence claims in a timely and accurate fashion.Job Location
United States : Bloomfield : Connecticut Alternate Job Location
Not applicable Job Description
Required QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Administer Family & Medical Leave Act standalone claims.
- Adhere to federal and state regulatory and/or company plan requirements and established FMLA workflow procedures.
- Handle intake calls for FMLA claims and other leaves.
- Complete eligibility decisions during intake call, gather pertinent data when necessary from employee or other supporting systems.
- Promptly review new FLMA and other leave claims, evaluate against appropriate leave plans and make initial claim decision.
- Perform leave follow-ups as required, including recertification of health condition, intermittent claim tracking, RTW confirmation, etc.
- Update systems to accurately reflect leave status and ensure appropriate diary documentation exists.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's degree.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of FMLA/Disability/Leave procedures.
- Familiarity with STD regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of system applications.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer satisfaction focus.
High School diploma Business Category
Operations : Claims Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop.Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.