At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claim analysts, nurses and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will be responsible for providing exemplary customer service by managing total absence claims in a timely and accurate fashion.Job Location
United States : Tampa : FloridaAlternate Job Location
Not applicableJob Description
- Acts as an expert in administration of standalone FMLA leaves and other leaves in adherence to federal, state regulations and company plans.
- Analyze, identify and implement strategies to enhance claim management, customer centricity and efficiency.
- Audit claim files and monthly call monitoring to identify improvement opportunities.
- Supports and guides team members to meet or exceed regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Reviews and approves key decisions made by team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities, but requires ability to lead and motivate team members as well as providing work direction to lower-level staff members.
- High School diploma
- 5+ years of claims industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 7+ years of claims industry experience.
- Knowledge of medical procedures and terminology.
- Proficient in use of multiple systems and technology resources.
- Solid business knowledge of TAM products
- Ability to read, interpret and explain contracts and TAM plans
High School diplomaTravel
No travel requiredBusiness Category
Operations : ClaimsNumber of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.