Tax Accountant III - State & Local Tax
Company: TD Bank
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Posted: September 23, 2017
Reference ID: 1694020557
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Job Description The Tax Accountant III is responsible for the coordination and leadership of tax compliance relating to sales/use and property tax (non-income tax) for all wholly owned US TD entities. The Tax Accountant III oversees compliance of state and local non-income tax laws. This includes oversight of tax return filings within statutory deadlines and related tax accounting, coordination of audits with taxing authorities, and maintaining relationships with business partners to gain understanding of transactions and the businesses to properly apply non-income tax laws. Job Requirements • Co- manages and develops staff by creating a cohesive group in an inclusive, friendly, appreciative, and supportive environment.
• Oversees non-income tax compliance and related tax accounting.
• Coordinates audits with taxing authorities.
• Provides technical expertise and analysis to management and business partners.
• Ensures compliance and controls are followed for all non-income tax processes.
• Drives process improvement related to non-income tax. Qualifications • Bachelor's degree required
• CPA preferred
• 5+ years' experience required
• Assist in the maintenance of all state income (and franchise/non-income tax) apportionment schedules for the US (both Retail and Wholesale). Within this responsibility, the individual will work with State Tax Planning prior to each quarter end to understand where it may be necessary to change/revise rates, apportionment methodology, etc.
• Coordinate with tax accounting team to ensure timely hand-off of supporting apportionment files for provisioning process.
• Identify areas where the apportionment gathering process could be further automated.
• Enhance current process including improving documentation around methodologies and dates when rate has/will change.
• Develop an apportionment computation for currently enacted laws in support of valuing deferred tax balances.
• Develop state planning ideas and adopt consistent approaches within the states for separate company filings.
• Support audit team for state income tax audits.
• Prepare and/or review state income tax filings. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Maine City (Primary) South Portland ProvState 2 New Hampshire City(s) 2 Bedford ProvState 3 New Jersey City(s) 3 Cherry Hill