Tax Analyst I
Company: Owens Corning
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posted: January 25, 2017
Reference ID: 3871846
Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
A Tax Analyst contributes to Owens Corning's success by preparing required tax filings and assisting with tax research, projects, planning and audits to ensure compliance with tax laws and minimize overall tax liabilities. The Tax Departments leadership is committed to training and mentoring team members in a wide variety of tax issues, facilitating the professional and technical development of each team member. In this position, you will experience a great team environment, excellent training and coaching, challenging project and compliance work, exposure and visibility throughout the company while working for a respected multi-national company.
Reports to: This position will report to the Federal and State Compliance Supervisor.
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
• Primarily responsible for preparation of federal, state and US international tax returns
• Performing tax technical research as necessary and documenting tax positions
• Assist in responding to federal, state and local tax audit inquiries and jurisdictional tax notices
• Participate in the quarterly and year-end provision process including reviewing tax provision reporting packages and performing US tax provision tasks as assigned
• Participate in the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act ("FATCA") compliance work related to both internal and external vendors including reviewing submitted Form W-8's and preparation of Form 1042s.
• Participate in tax planning projects as assigned
• Assist tax managers with special projects as needed
• Assist in the preparation of transfer pricing documents for compliance with IRC Section 482 rules
• Collaborates with the Business Units and Global Tax personnel as well as cross-functional departments
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related area required
• At least 2 years tax experience in a company or in public accounting
• Working knowledge of Excel required
• Experience with the following preferred: tax return preparation software (CorpTax), tax research software (CCH, BNA research tools) and/or general ledger software (SAP)
• MST Degree or CPA (or working toward MST or CPA) desired
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Basic understanding of tax law and ability to research tax topics in order to stay current on changes in tax law
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Possess strong interpersonal, analytical and written/verbal communication skills and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with little supervision
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.