As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be involved with all significant elements of the entire tax life cycle, including tax planning and financial reporting, as well as federal and state tax compliance and controversy. You will report directly the Tax Manager. The Tax organization at CVS Health is focused on excellence in service to its clients and other stakeholders and we are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, goal-oriented, and hands-on tax professional to complement our existing tax team. This role requires the capability to develop close working relationships with colleagues in the Tax organization and across many other departments in the organization (e.g., legal, finance, treasury, accounting, policy, regulatory, HR, benefits, and operations).
To be successful in this role, you must have sound technical skills, have practical, common sense problem solving skills, a deep attention to detail and the capacity to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with colleagues at all levels. You must also get to know our businesses, and combine that with an increasingly deeper understanding of the Tax organization’s priorities, goals, objectives, timelines, processes and standard operating procedures. Because Accountability is one of our corporate values, we expect the Senior Tax Analyst to be well organized, committed to process and deadlines, and able to drive projects to completion. You will need a demonstrated track record of reliably operating as part of a team to deliver a high quality work product, render insightful and unequivocal advice and a consistently meaningful contribution to a positive work environment and culture.
Responsibilities across the tax life cycle include:
- Federal and State income tax compliance
- Support significant business transactions and provide timely business support and analysis
- Assist with proper application of ASC 740 and other accounting pronouncements to consolidated U.S. interim and annual tax reporting
- Assist with income tax reporting and related disclosures in financial statements
- Assist with accurate and timely interim quarterly consolidated effective tax rate and tax forecast
- Monitor and analyze tax regulatory and compliance developments and tax law changes and communicate their impact to key stakeholders
- Assist with the implementation of new tax policies, strategies and procedures to support tax and other cross functional initiatives, as appropriate
- Coordinate and team with outside tax advisors
A little about us: