Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages LLC, is expanding their corporate headquarters in the Dallas, TX market and have several new opportunities estimated to start on 4/1/17 as a result of the recent acquisition by Arca Continental Beverages, a partner with the Coca-Cola Company for over 90 years. These new positions will be part of the new structure and company. The Coca-Cola Southwest Beverages team is comprised of 9 manufacturing facilities and distributes product from 37 locations. We market, produce and deliver bottles of happiness; serving markets throughout Texas, as well as parts of New Mexico, Oklahoma and Arkansas. Our employees are true ambassadors of one of the most recognized brands in the world.
As employees of this great company, we enjoy attractive compensation schemes and comprehensive benefits, along with opportunities for growth and advancement. We invite you to be a part of this dynamic, growing company that has consistently been recognized as a Great Place to Work!
This position is focused on ensuring responsiveness, performance, quality, value generation, and personnel growth and utilization in the tax function overall as well as support for business leaders on relevant issues. Leads a group charged with planning, value creation, compliance and audit defense activities associated with the Company. Property tax obligations in numerous jurisdictions, and is also responsible for leading Company initiatives to obtain economic incentives from governmental authorities in North America.
Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe. Provide innovative tax planning and review complex income tax returns. Identify and mitigate tax risks. Coordinate accounting staff and assess their performance. Manage tax provision and tax compliance process.
* Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
* Manage and coordinate tax audits.
* Maintain tax balances on general ledger.
* Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests.
Tax Return Activity:
* TCL and CCR (sales, federal, state, local, property, unclaimed property, payroll)
* Strategy, preparation, Income Tax Return filings, point of contact with tax authorities.
* Property Valuations for property tax returns.
Preparation and review of federal and state income taxes for businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
* Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the IRS or Treasury Department.
* Trains staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
* Manages multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
* Work with landlords, manage property/land selling/buying activities.
* Establish lease agreements and manage transactional activities, property asset tracking and liaison to work with local Property Owners.
Handle financial operations of the property:
• Collect rent.
• Send out notices if rent is delinquent.
• Prepare and maintain financial statements.
• Update owners on status of property.
• Inform owners about occupancy rates, expiration dates of leases, and other issues.
• Advise owners on how much to charge for rent.
• Collect association and/or HOA fees.
• Pay for services such as playgrounds and swimming pools.
• Negotiate contracts for janitorial, security, landscaping, trash removal, and other services.
• Monitor the performance of contractors.
• Investigate and resolve complaints from residents and tenants when services are not properly provided.
• Purchase supplies and equipment for properties.
• Hire contractors to make repairs.
• Supervise maintenance staff.
• Understand and comply with pertinent legislation,
• Plan and direct the purchase, sale, and development of real estate properties on behalf of businesses and investors.
• Consider factors such as property values, taxes, zoning, population growth, transportation, and traffic volume and patterns.
• Negotiate contracts for the purchase or lease of the property.
• Negotiate the sale of, or terminate the lease on, such properties.
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Masters preferred
* Tax manager: CPA Certification. 6+ year’s prior experience in public accounting tax experience.
* Significant supervisory experience (2 years plus).
* Experience preparing individual, business, benefit fund, real estate and exempt organization tax returns. Strong accounting and analytical skills.
* Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel, Word. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
* Detail oriented & ability to multi-taskReal estate managers.
* Must have excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate with owners, staff and tenants in an effective and efficient manner.
* Computer literacy, record keeping and strong leadership abilities are also required.
* Manual dexterity and knowledge of maintenance tools and equipment may be helpful in more hands-on positions.
* Advanced English language skills, basic Spanish language skills.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.