Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Tax Counsel at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position provides counsel regarding the relevant U.S. and foreign tax implications and planning opportunities relating to Air Products businesses. The position will involve both U.S. international and domestic taxation. This position reports to the Vice President, Taxes. While the candidate will not directly manage other employees, the candidate will be expected to lead teams of Air Products personnel, including other tax professionals, in collaboratively identifying, developing, and executing tax planning transactions.Responsibilities:
- Work with a broad range of Air Products personnel in developing tax planning opportunities for large capital projects, mergers and acquisitions, repatriation planning, and corporate structuring.
- Provide support on tax controversies, transfer pricing, and tax aspects of business transactions and related financial analysis.
- Work closely with outside advisors in foreign countries to analyze and understand the foreign tax consequences of business transactions and different planning alternatives.
- Have overall tax responsibility for certain jurisdictions.
- Occasional foreign travel is likely.
- A JD with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience in a large law firm, a Big 4 accounting firm, and/or within the tax department of a multinational corporation.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance is desirable, but not a requirement.
- The candidate must be creative, communicate well, and have a solid understanding of U.S. tax rules, including U.S. international tax.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2016 sales of $7.5 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 16,000 employees are making Air Products the world's safest and best performing industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #19932BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products has been enabling its customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for 75 years.