The Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Tax Director supporting the One MD Global Tax Planning Sector. This role is preferably located in Somerville, New Jersey but is also open to other NJ based J&J sites and candidates who can commute to the NJ based J&J sites. It will report to the Vice President, Global Tax Planning, Medical Devices.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products.
Principal responsibilities for the Tax Director include:
• Lead and serve as point of contact for all MD enterprise supply chain tax planning as well as MD transformation projects. Participate in meetings and have a seat at the table with Senior Leadership helping to shape the future of MD tax planning strategies. Ensure coordination between regional planners.
• Lead for the planning, budgeting, and actual reporting processes related to consolidation of the worldwide effective tax rate for the One MD Group. This includes the consolidation of the Americas, EMEA, and the ASPAC regions. Prepare and participate in quarterly business updates to the CFO of MD, as well as the VP Global Tax Planning, and VP Global Tax Operations, providing insights on business operating trends, effective tax rate dynamics, and benchmarking.
• Serve as the primary contact for all tax related financial reporting matters relating to the One MD Group including consolidation of Business Planning and accompanying Forecast Updates. Work closely with Finance partners and other MD Tax Planning Directors to successfully complete all Long Range Financial Plan requirements.
• Lead and develop a team of individuals that effectively bridge with the US COEs to ensure that changes in the business operations and tax planning initiatives are correctly reflected in tax reporting and compliance submissions.Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- A major in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- An MST, MBA, CPA, CMA and/or other financial certifications is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of tax and finance business experience is required. (With heavy emphasis on tax experience)
- Prior international tax experience is preferred
- This position also prefers strong tax technical skills and will act as an advisor for any financial system and reporting initiatives.
- Prior experience with JDE, SAP or Onesource is preferred
- People management is required
- Tax planning experience is preferred
- Deep expertise and experience in US International Tax concepts (Subpart F income, foreign tax credits, earnings and profits, investment in US property, etc.) is preferred.
- Candidate must possess strong collaborative, communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to anticipate changing requirements and effectively plan across a large landscape is required.
- Individual must work well in a team environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This position requires approximately 5-10% travel.
- This position is located in Somerville, New Jersey but is also open to other NJ based J&J sites and candidates who can commute to the NJ based J&J sites.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.