Tax Director - Transfer Pricing Support
Redwood Shores, CA
Oracle is hiring a Tax Director
to be located at headquarters in Redwood Shores, California. In this position, you will support our global transfer pricing team through a series of project-based assignments to gather transfer pricing related business information, ensure accurate and timely creation of transfer pricing documentation, and identify and implement process improvements to drive operational efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented high achiever with strong forensic accounting skills who enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment and is interested opportunities for professional growth and development. Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Manage transfer pricing documentation process - work with outside consultants to ensure timely creation of transfer pricing reports on a global basis.
- Develop a deep understanding of Oracle's business by gathering business information from multiple sources, reconcile explanations against the underlying data to ensure that explanations are supported by the data..
- Provide oversight and general project management for transfer pricing team
- Participate in tax process improvement projects in the transfer pricing area
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant multinational corporate tax experience with a Fortune 500 company, law firm and/or CPA firm
- Strong forensic accounting skills - Ability to collect, prepare and analyze data and information to reconstruct, detect, support or refute a position and ensure that explanation provided reconciles with the underlying data
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Organized, detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with outside advisors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Good collaboration and facilitation skills.
- Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry.
- CPA, MS/MBA tax or law degree a plus.
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Strong business and tax technical skills needed. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Ability to work with outside advisors. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.