At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. Exelon is a utility services holding company engaged, through Generation, in the energy generation and power marketing business, and through ComEd, PECO, BGE and PHI, in the energy delivery businesses. The Tax Manager role, discussed below, will focus on the energy delivery business, specifically, PECO in Philadelphia, PA. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Tax Manager has a wide range of responsibility with respect to federal, state and local tax accounting, compliance and research focused on an Exelon business unit and its operating subsidiaries. The position reports directly to the business unit Senior Tax Manager.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ownership of quarterly & annual tax provision process to ensure accurate and timely tax accounting and disclosure. Responsibilities include computing and documenting (via work papers) income tax provision calculations for internal and external management reporting. The documentation includes the completion of Sarbanes Oxley controls and Fin 48 positions. In addition, the position interacts with external and internal auditors in the execution of quarterly and annual reviews and audits.
- Ownership of Federal Income Tax Return preparation process to ensure accurate & timely reporting and disclosure. Responsibilities include reviewing less complex portions of the tax return, preparing complex portions of the tax return, and ensuring adequate workpaper documentation. Overall, responsible for the tax return to be in a state to be effectively reviewed by Key Managers.
- Independently researches & concludes on various complex tax issues to determine the appropriate tax treatment and related tax reporting. Research includes preparing written memorandums for review by Key Managers and technical presentations to senior tax leadership.
- Proactively identifies, drives, and implements process improvements that promote risk management, streamline activities, and enhance transparency in tax work streams.
- Assists (with manager of Controversy) in complex controversy matters with governmental agencies including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service, Illinois Department of Revenue, and Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. Activities include assisting in formulating position statements with respect to identified controversies raised by tax authorities
- Investigates, concludes, and responds to inquires regarding tax matters made by organizations within Exelon. For example, interaction with the Exelon Treasury Department is common to forecast cash flows related to income taxes.
- Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
- 8 year or more of tax experience
- Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (JD or MST) required.
- Good working knowledge of tax laws and regulations
- 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Company’s expense).
Reports directly to the business unit Sr.Tax Manager
Tax’s primary office is in Chicago Illinois with regular travel among the office/business unit locations in the Chicago suburbs and Pennsylvania.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.