Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people. Responsibilities
We are hiring a Tax Manager who is responsible for the overall supervision of all telecommunications tax compliance functions, ensuring the timely and accurate filing of all telecommunications tax returns. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for assistance with billing systems including tax rate management and new product/service taxability in the Altice USA footprint. This position will also work with the Director of Excise, Sales, Use in developing corporate-wide processes and internal controls for both the business units and corporate support functions. This position also provides indirect tax advice and guidance to all operating units of the company (research, educating personnel, planning, compliance system management and audit defense). This position reports to the Director of Excise, Sales, Use.
The role is currently based Bethpage, NY with a future location change to Long Island City, NY in 2018. Qualifications
- The Manager will be responsible for and assume control of the telecommunications tax compliance function, including E-911, Federal and State Universal Service Fund, gross receipts taxes, etc.
- Assist with managing multiple billing systems from a taxing perspective including maintenance of tax rates and taxability determinations.
- Responsible for preparing and filing FCC Forms 499 and related state level reports.
- Direct interaction with key personnel from all operating units of the company regarding taxability determinations for new and existing products and services.
- Assist the Accounting Department with tax related journal entries and reconciliations.
- Supervise the preparation of all telecommunications exemption and resale certificates.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Master's Degree in Tax or equivalent preferred (substituted for government experience in these areas).
- Experience in the telecommunications and/or other highly regulated industry required.
- CPA and/or prior government experience preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Articulate, highly organized, detail-oriented.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong management skills & team player.
- Microsoft Office applications: MS Excel, MS Access proficiency (or other database).
- Familiarity with Vertex, Oracle and other non-income tax compliance software.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.