Reporting to the Executive Director, Operational Risk and Compliance and directly partnering with the Allegis Tax Department, the Tax Manager will support TEKsystems as it relates to various tax matters through evaluating the tax implications between different lines of business and how to account for this risk as business shifts to meet the customer needs. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Allegis Tax Department to ensure appropriate tax issue resolution
- Develop a deep understanding of the business to effectively identify, resolve and communicate tax consequences
- Research sales & use tax consequences for new and existing business lines, and new jurisdictions
- Assess TEKsystems tax risk points and provide proactive guidance to business leaders to successfully address those risks
- Educate and influence business leaders regarding any process or business practices that are taxable. Will make and implement recommendations to improve processes
- Will train front line contract negotiators on how to address taxable situations up front with customers
- Will represent TEKsystems on phone calls regarding tax situations with clients. Is the escalation point for all tax issues for TEK
- Will be responsible for understanding where TEK has any disputes with customers and will drive timely resolution to any tax issue
- Will be TEKsystems liaison to the Allegis Tax Department. Responsible for understanding the tax landscape and any changes in law that will impact TEKsystems business
- Will have a solid understanding of TEKsystems business and services. Will gain insight to understand how those services can and will change over time
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Tax or equivalent experience
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
The Company is a equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to learn quickly and work with a broad range of internal stakeholders across multiple departments
- Ability to adapt to conflicting ad hoc deadlines and priorities and deadline demands by controlling the daily management of multiple simultaneous workload requests
- Ability to negotiate and influence internal and external customers as it relates to tax issues.
- Strong ability to partner and understand business challenges associated with taxes.
- Has initiative and create business processes for tax and drive outstanding issues to outcomes.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills in an environment where change will be constant
- Has intellectual curiosity around business issues related to tax which consistently drives on going education and learning.
- Works well independently while also able to create strong business relationships.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to forge a new position
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to customize messages for a variety of internal and external audiences. Candidate must be able to correspond in a professional manner with business personnel and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.