The Johnson & Johnson US Tax COE, is recruiting for a Tax Manager Compliance responsible for Consumer Sector tax compliance, which is temporarily located in Skillman, New Jersey. This position will be moving to Titusville, New Jersey in 2017.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion for 2016 Sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The North America Tax COE is part of the J&J Global Tax Operations group. The COE is responsible for all Direct Tax Reporting, Direct Tax Compliance and Indirect Tax Compliance for all US based J&J companies.
The Tax Manager Compliance will support and manage Federal Income Tax Compliance and State Income Tax Compliance for a sectors group of companies within Johnson and Johnson. He/she will be responsible for managing all federal, state and local income tax audits from preparation stage to final settlement. Additionally, he/she will be responsible for researching all applicable tax laws and regulations in order to minimize tax liability, as well as identifying tax saving opportunities. He/she will also supervise a staff of senior tax analysts in addition to possible co-op, TLDP or consultants. He/she will also work with members of the overall US Tax COE functions to benchmark and implement best practices in order to improve the overall performance of the US Tax COE Organization. Additionally, he/she will oversee and direct various special projects as requested by the DirectorQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in accounting
• A master’s degree in Taxation and/or a CPA is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of tax and accounting experience is required
• Must have the ability to understand tax theory and practice
• Must be able to effectively use project planning/time management for self and staff is required
• Strong people leadership skills preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with business partners is required
• Knowledge of PC based programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and mainframe systems, SAP general ledger and Ariba, is preferred
• Prior use of tax compliance software Corptax and/or OneSouce preferred
• Must also act with integrity, value diversity, and create value for staff and business partners
• Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and promote innovation and continuous learning within the group is required
• Ability to foster an environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork and development of people for optimal performance is required
• This position is temporarily located in Skillman, New Jersey. This position will be moving to Titusville, New Jersey in 2017
• This position may require travel up to 5%Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function