RSM is looking for a Tax Manager to join an expanding employment tax group within our SALT practice.
This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing SALT practice of individuals within our East Region and the ideal candidate with employment tax credentials will be asked to help build our SALT practice.
In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ability to integrate with clients and the overall RSM team to provide federal and state employment tax consulting - including M&A due diligence, refund reviews, risk assessments, worker classification, general employment tax assistance and other federal and state employment tax consulting
- Be able to provide written technical advice in the form of technical memos or other technical forms
- Responsible for managing tax associates and seniors assigned to projects
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Review work papers and tax returns
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients
- Expected to be the client point of contact for multiple engagements. Manager will be the face of SALT for their clients. Responsible for overall management of the engagement
- 5 - 6 years of technical employment tax consulting experience
- BS Degree in Accounting or similar degree
- Certified Payroll Professional ("CPP") designation preferred
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.