Oracle is hiring a Tax Manager
to prepare and review the federal income tax provision and income tax returns. Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation of federal income tax provision by ensuring complete, accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage the preparation of federal income tax compliance returns by ensuring complete, accurate and timely filing.
- Continue to develop a system/approach to ensure accuracy and completeness of work papers for all tax return positions.
- Review quarterly federal estimated taxes and annual extension calculations.
- Review quarterly and annual federal tax provision.
- Assist in researching and resolving technical tax issues.
- Respond to federal tax notices.
- Ensure all deadlines are met in a timely manner, including managing the deadlines of junior staff and interns.
- Assist with support and documentation to IDR requests.
- Assist with the QE support and documentation of FIN 48 reserves.
- Annually review tax processes to identify improvements.
- Maintain orderly documentation on the shared network to simplify information sharing with other users.
- Develop relationships with and mentor junior staff and interns.
- Knowledge of US federal income tax compliance, US federal income tax accounting, deferred tax asset reconciliation, subsidiary mergers, liquidation & integration and assimilating acquired entity information following change in control.
- Familiarity with state income tax compliance and tax accounting and the impact that it can have on federal taxation.
- Organize and summarize information in a clear, concise manner specifically tailored for the intended reader/listener.
- Knowledge of computerized tax preparation software, preferably Corptax. Strong aptitude to learn new functions or features. Expert knowledge of Excel, including familiarity of Pivot Tables.
- Proficient in online tax research tools.
- Collect, prepare and analyze data and information to reconstruct, detect, support or refute a position,
- Organize and coordinate work of internal and external resources. Provide coaching/guidance to managers, junior staff and interns.
- Focus on meeting key goals/milestones/KPIs; meet deadlines.
- Embrace opportunities to increase knowledge and learn new skills.
- Anticipate and address issues before they increase in intensity.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects. Adapt to and re-prioritize based on changing conditions.
- Take ownership of all assigned projects/tasks.
- Interest to pitch in and help team members during time sensitive deadlines.
- Work effectively with all levels of internal personnel and external contacts. Anticipate and plan projects to create smooth project transitioning.
- Strong attention to detail. Properly plan and anticipate doing something carefully and completely.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Manage and coordinate internal and external resources to implement company tax savings strategies. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns. Manages a professional staff.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Develop and implement systems to compile information for various federal, state, local, and international reports. Represent the company on tax matters in government, professional, and industry associations. Performs or directs research; analysis and interpretation of federal, state, and local statutes. Manages and oversees international tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Experience with computer tax systems. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated leadership and project management skills. Experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. BA/BS in Accounting or Finance preferred. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.