Our rapid growth has created an exciting career opportunity in our National Real Estate Group located in Downtown Chicago. We are seeking a Tax Manager with high net worth individual tax expertise who will focus on working with individuals and families with significant real estate investments. Our clients include some of the most influential and active players in the Chicago and National real estate markets. Subsequently, our people are consistently challenged and rewarded as they work closely with our clients on their key tax issues with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. Our clients rely upon our expertise and experience in keeping compliant with all federal and state tax rules and regulations. More importantly, we are a trusted advisor to our clients.
As a Tax Manager, you will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with our partners. Candidates should have the desire to continue to develop professional skill sets in the consulting aspects of our real estate tax practice. Ideal candidates will have a public accounting federal and multi-state tax background in real estate, partnership, S-Corporation and individual taxation.
- Review and supervise the preparation of tax returns for our high net worth individual clients, business returns and trust returns
- Develop income and estate/gift tax planning strategies for our clients
- Research tax laws and preparing tax memorandum on technical issues
- Manage all aspects of client accounts, fostering client relationships and extending services to those clients
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction
- Managing and driving the success of multiple engagements
- Attracting, developing, and retaining staff
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- 5+ years of experience working in public accounting with experience in the review and preparation of individual, business and partnership tax returns
- MST or working toward MST a plus
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing and presenting training materials to clients and staff
- Possesses in-depth and current knowledge of tax laws and regulations
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.