RSM is seeking an experienced energetic and self-motivated sales and use tax automation specialist to join our dynamic, collaborative and expanding State and Local Sales and Use Tax Automation practice. RSM’s collaborative and entrepreneurial culture provide a career-focused individual with the opportunity to be an integral part of an expanding State and Local Tax (SALT) practice. Operating out of 76 major metropolitan cities centered around 5 geographic regions, we take pride in being the premier service provider for middle market companies, while also having the depth and expertise to service to our Fortune 1,000 clients. In addition, through RSMs affiliate network firm’s we have access to a global network of professionals consisting of more 22,000 professionals in more than 100 countries.
- Manage and maintain daily project tasks and work plans for specific clients
- Work closely with the client team and Partners on project management responsibilities as well as developing deliverables related to implementation requirements
- Coordinate resources to perform tasks related to implementing sales and use tax systems (i.e. process mapping, functional and system design documentation, configuration of the tax system, user acceptance testing and training)
- Assist with developing and managing project scope and budgets
- Develop vendor and client relationships with regard to all aspects of the project
- Identify and facilitate the sale of add-on services for other RSM lines of business
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science
- CPA, EA or other accredited designation which demonstrates above average knowledge of sales and use tax application (CMI, APS, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in sales and use tax including a focus on sales and use tax systems and automation project delivery
Working knowledge of Indirect Tax Determination, Vertex’s suite of products, Avalara’s suite of products, and how each system works in conjunction with an Enterprise Resource Management system (i.e., Microsoft Dynamic Systems, NetSuite, PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.