The Firm is seeking energetic and self-motivated sales and use tax implementation (automation) specialists to join its dynamic, collaborative and expanding State and Local Tax Automation practice. Our culture and environment is collaborative and entrepreneurial and as such will provide the career-focused individual with the tools and support necessary to achieve success and upward mobility within our organization. As part of a dynamic organization, many of our state and local tax professionals have extensive Big 4, government and industry experience allowing them to serve clients throughout the contiguous United States. Operating out of 76 major metropolitan cities centered around 5 geographic regions, we take pride in being the premier service provider for middle market companies and companies on the move while also having the depth and expertise to provide unpatrolled service to our Fortune 500 and 1000 clients. In addition, through our affiliates, we have a global network consisting of more than 22,000 people serving clients in more than 100 countries.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Science
- 5-7+ years' experience in sales/use tax
- 3-4 of those years focused/partially focused on sales/use tax systems and automation (Vertex, Thomson Reuters)
- Indirect Tax Determination- legacy Sabrix, Billsoft, Taxware, Avalara, etc.) in conjunction w/ERP-Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft,
- JDE/EnterpriseOne, MSDGP, NetSuite, AS400 based applications, etc.)
- CPA or other accredited designation which demonstrates above average knowledge of sales and use tax application (CMI, APS, etc.)
- Manage/Maintain daily project tasks for specific clients
- Work closely with senior manager(s) on project planning as well as on overall solution selection & design
- Work closely with staff on implementing sale/use tax systems software applications (process mapping, design, configuration, user acceptance testing and training)
- Assist in development and management project budgets and keep senior manager(s) informed of budgets
- Manage project documentation related to analysis, requirements, design, testing, training and project work plans.
- Interface with clients in all aspects of our projects
- Identify and assist in sale of add-on services and state & local tax pull through services
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and ability to travel overnight to various client sites.
- Energetic, responsible, self-starter and independent worker
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.