The firm is looking for a State & Local Tax (SALT) Manager to join our SALT practice in our Austin, TX office.
- The primary focus of this position will be state income and franchise tax compliance
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Work with SALT team in other Texas markets to collaborate and provide exceptional client service
- Research and resolve technical state and local tax issues
- Prepare technical memoranda, matrices and other client deliverables when necessary
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Review work papers and state tax returns
- Develop and train staff for compliance projects
- Participate in the billing and collection process
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to client
- CPA, JD or LLM required
- BS Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in public accounting or corporate tax department
- Tax compliance experience/background required. Middle market compliance experience a plus.
- Familiarity with researching state tax laws and regulations
- Strong communication and writing skills
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.