Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Reporting to the Director of Tax Reporting, the Sr. Manager International Tax Reporting will be responsible for leading the non-US tax compliance and reporting transformation effort. The successful candidate will have tax accounting expertise in accordance with ASC 740 as well as excellent project management skills.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and have strong communication skills. He /she will partner with State Street personnel around the globe as well as internal and external auditors. State Street is a dynamic company with a proactive tax department and the successful candidate will be encouraged to take on additional challenges and projects of increasing level of responsibility and complexity.
• Lead a tax transformation effort to relocate various processes to a shared service center
• Design and maintain SOX 404 internal controls
• Review non-US income tax provisions to ensure calculations are complete, accurate and properly reflected in the financial statements
• Coordinate and review tax account reconciliations with various finance personnel
• Ensure all adjustments are properly reflected in the tax accounting software for consolidation reporting
• Oversee non-US tax compliance process to ensure tax returns are prepared in a timely manner
• Assist with the preparation of the company's effective tax rate calculation in accordance with ASC 740
• Review tax related purchase accounting
• Review tax calculations and related documentation related to the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review ("CCAR") reporting requirements
• Assist with the documentation of uncertain tax positions
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
• Interact with outside advisors / business partners as required
Education: Exceptional academic record with a Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance, MST or MBA preferred
Experience: 8-10 years of recent experience in a tax department or public accounting firm
• Understanding of tax reporting in accordance with ASC 740
• Exemplary communication skills
• Outstanding analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills on Windows including: Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Word,
• Experience with Onesource tax software and Oracle Hyperion is preferred
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.