Understanding the impact of existing tax laws is hard enough, and new legislation, judicial decisions and administrative authority compound the challenges. Professionals in RSM's Washington National Tax (WNT) office advise clients and RSM client engagement teams with respect to complex issues across a wide range of tax specialty practice areas. WNT is seeking a manager to join its estate and gift tax team. Relocation is not a requirement.
In this role, you will advise clients and RSM professionals across the firm with respect to estate and gift tax planning, business succession planning and sophisticated charitable planning, effective implementation of plans in these areas of practice, and the associated filing and administrative obligations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients and tax professionals across the firm to help identify issues and opportunities associated with estate and gift tax planning, business succession planning and charitable planning
- Determining appropriate planning or remedial responses
- Advising on related filing requirements and proper reporting on Forms 709 and 706
- Assisting with the development of service ideas and repeatable models
- Writing alerts, articles and other publications
- Developing and delivering internal training
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum of five years of experience in public accounting with an emphasis in taxation
- Minimum of two years working in an RSM practice office focusing at least 50% of the time on individual, estate and gift tax and trust tax compliance and planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.