About the Position
Guggenheim is seeking an organized and detail oriented candidate to join its Global On-Boarding team. Reporting to the Vice President of On-Boarding, this person will also be the central contact for maintaining compliance with US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS tax compliance for Guggenheim Partners Investment Management (GPIM) and related entities. In addition, this person will be responsible for ensuring accurate system setup and all operational components are established for new clients or products to the firm. The ideal candidate will have strong multitasking and time management skills while having the confidence and communication skills to interact with various groups and levels within the firm.
This role presents an opportunity to sit at the 'hub' of Guggenheim Investments at an exciting time of growth and evolution at all levels of the company. The position is located in the Chicago office. Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Act as a single point of contact to answer regulatory questions and to provide governance around client communications surrounding regulatory communications US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS
- Ensure highest quality of regulatory submission and responses from clients are reviewed and recorded appropriately. This includes collecting information directly from the client or various external vendors and updating the information in the Firm's referential systems
- Collaborate with Accounting, Onboarding, Corporate Tax, Client Service and other functional groups to obtain account holder tax related documents
- Act as a liaison between Corporate Tax and internal and external parties with regard to tax related escalations and questions
- Monitor and oversee the appropriate service providers to support US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS
- Monitor and report key progress metrics to assist the business with meeting annual Tax Compliance reporting milestones
- Maintain account holder records to support internal and external audit requirements
- Maintain GPIM's procedures and Tax Compliance job aids. Work with Corporate Tax to identify changes in regulations and implement improvements
- Ensure third-party tax related requests are handled by the appropriate team
- Liaise with various departments to understand proposed relationship/ product structure and work collaboratively to execute a proposed plan
- Ensure timely communication of all required information for all new accounts
- Must recognize / escalate operational gaps before an issue arises
- Provide expertise as a subject matter expert with regards to on-boarding of funds and SMAs to help ensure all details are fully researched and addressed by all affected groups in the firm
- Work with Operations, Legal, Distribution and members within the Investment Management Group among others to review and ensure scalability in existing and new processes
About Guggenheim Investments
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of proven experience in investment management firms
- US FATCA, UK CDOT and CRS tax reporting and tax compliance experience required
- Knowledge of legal documents used to onboard and validate accounts
- Relevant work experience with knowledge of investment operations
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail and ability to prioritize issues appropriately
- Must be team-oriented while being proactive and self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met
- Experience working with client on-boarding with a focus on legal, client service, and operational aspects a plus
- Experience working within an organization distributed across geographic locations
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Guggenheim Investments is the global asset management and investment advisory division of Guggenheim Partners, with expertise in fixed income, equity, and alternative strategies. We focus on the return and risk needs of insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, consultants, wealth managers, and high-net-worth investors. Our team of investment professionals performs rigorous research to understand market trends and identify undervalued opportunities in areas that are often complex and underfollowed. This approach to investment management has enabled us to deliver innovative strategies providing diversification opportunities and attractive long-term results.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.
A little about us:
Guggenheim Partners is a global investment and advisory firm with a track record of delivering results through innovative solutions.