RSM is currently searching for an experienced Real Estate Tax Partner with an entrepreneurial mindset to join our expanding tax practice in New York. This is an opportunity for an established leader in the real estate opportunity fund industry with heavy REIT , UBIT and foreign investor structuring background.
Our Real Estate practice includes all aspects of the real estate ownership "life cycle" from acquisition due diligence to disposition and related federal and multi-state income tax compliance.
The Partner will advise a broad array of real estate owners, developers and investors, including REITS and real estate funds managed by privately held real estate entities. They will be responsible for managing all aspects of REIT compliance and strategy as well as providing support on due diligence and structuring of acquisitions, dispositions and other transactions.
- Ensure that all investments, new acquisitions, subsidiaries, and partnerships are appropriately structured to ensure REIT compliance and tax liability is minimized.
- Oversee and manage compliance and documentation of the asset, income and other REIT compliance provisions.
- Enhance current processes so they efficiently conform to the REIT testing efforts in tandem with assisting tax reporting and compliance efforts.
- Review legal documents to assess tax implications of pending transactions and work with law firms and clients to document tax positions.
- Provide ongoing support to key Firm initiatives impacting REIT Compliance including heavy involvement in our national REIT group.
- REIT and Fund tax return compliance.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of federal income tax compliance for Real Estate Opportunity Funds including REIT, UBIT, and international tax issues.
- Comprehensive experience providing tax consulting services to real estate owners, developers and investors including REITS and real estate opportunity funds.
- Tax expertise with respect to partnership structures and their impact on real estate transactions and corresponding federal and state tax liabilities.
- Tax technical expertise in real estate related debt and equity instruments, real estate terminology and financial reporting.
- FIN 48 and FAS 109 experience with respect to REIT entities.
- Ability to exercise professional and technical discretion on matters of significance.
CPA or JD and Masters in Taxation preferred
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.