We are currently seeking a successful Tax Partner to join our newly opened office in Detroit. We're looking for a strong leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to guide the efforts of multiple teams on client engagements and plan, execute, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries. This leader will provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients, and will market, sell, and implement tax-planning strategies for clients.
Successful candidates will have deep and meaningful relationships within the business community, and will have a proven track record of developing new business and leveraging trusted relationships throughout the Detroit market.
As a Tax Partner at RSM, you will have an important role in developing, mentoring and coaching our people to achieve challenging and rewarding careers, and will be responsible for developing them into future leaders of our firm.
- Client Service - Manage and build trusting client relationships; understand clients' business challenges and goals; work collaboratively with clients and service teams to deliver exceptional value and quality; manage and drive the success of multiple engagements while enhancing profitability; provide additional insights and business solutions that result in expanded business to clients
- Business Development - Lead the development and execution of growth strategies; actively represent the firm in the business community to promote our brand and capabilities; develop and close new business
- People Management - Attract, develop and retain top talent; serve as a mentor and coach for emerging leaders; ensure effective communication and alignment of priorities
- Expertise Development - Stay current on latest regulatory and legislative developments as they affect GAAP, as well as the firm's standards and policies; continue to expand expertise in compliance and related technical areas
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA
- Must have at least 10+ years in public accounting with experience in corporate federal tax compliance and tax consulting experience pertaining to planning, research and general mergers and acquisitions activities
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects and engagement teams for various clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management and critical thinking skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Masters in Taxation desirable