This position provides tax processing, administrative and project support to the Tax business unit leadership and client services personnel. Work products and projects include tax processing, letters, reports, project resumes, proposals, presentation and all other client deliverables. This position will require extensive people, communication, organizational, technical and process skills, and the ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high level of focus on quality, accuracy and confidentiality in all work products. The position will provide support coverage to other operational areas within the local office as required. Position reports to the Office Manager and is a member of the People and Client Support (PCS) Team.
Tax Processing Lead
- Use extensive knowledge of internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
- Oversee career development, performance management and scheduling of tax processing work.
- Review projects and coordinate work flow to ensure adequate coverage with tax processing and business support needs.
- Assist with implementation of firmwide projects, policies and standards at the local office level.
- Prepare and distribute communications relative to tax processing and business support to local Tax group.
Tax Processing and Administrative Responsibilities
- Process business and individual tax returns and e-file, utilizing firm determined processes and procedures and firm tracking systems to ensure all data is entered.
- Produce, format and edit letters, reports, project resumes and proposals and other client deliverables in Microsoft applications using various styles with multiple page layouts, headers/footers, and charts/graphs/tables.
- Assist with researching and pulling together materials for proposal efforts that meet Firm branding, marketing, and legal standards.
- Prepare, edit and format PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets using advanced features and functions.
- Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
- Prepare and distribute various types of business unit reports including recognizing trends and providing data analysis and reconciliation.
- Research information and summarize findings using various Internet search engines and research sites.
- Plan and participate in meetings/conference calls or events, including scheduling and communication, maintaining information and preparing and distributing materials, and following up on action items.
- Use extensive knowledge of business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping internal clients apprised of critical issues.
- Administer content and materials on databases, SharePoint sites, and other systems including document management.
- Responsible for document management and maintenance using database and / or SharePoint technology.
- Manage various special projects from start to finish using MS, database or web based applications including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work and type are tracked, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Provide project/administrative support to other business practice groups and to operational areas within the local office to include mail, production, records, front office and general facilities.
- Five years or greater administrative support and project work experience working in Professional services and/or consulting firm environment is required.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Extensive administrative background and technical competence with experience writing communications, reviewing documents for quality assurance and managing projects from start to finish.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Professional, Outlook, and web based applications are required. Expertise in Visio and SharePoint 2013 is preferred.
- Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology is strongly preferred.
- User expertise with office technology equipment such as videoconferencing and multi-function devices.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Highly effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong project coordination, organizational and time management skills.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond and keep business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations in collaboration with others.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels, internal and/or external to the organization and respond to client service issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work well independently and in a team with professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business consideration; capacity for rendering objective business decisions.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Desire to leverage technology to solve business problems.
- Ability to coach, teach and guide others on processes and utilize both technical and interpersonal skills to assist clients.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule including some Saturday’s and late evenings based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, based on project schedules and peak business periods. Estimate an annual average of 5% overtime.
- Flexible to occasional travel based on business support need.
- Some light lifting, walking, standing, bending involved.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.