This lead position provides tax processing and project support to the Tax business unit as well as career coaching and mentoring to tax processor team members. Work products and projects include tax processing, letters, and reports. This position will require extensive people, communication, organizational, technical and process skills, and the ability to continuously prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with a high level of focus on quality, accuracy and confidentiality in all work products. Position reports to the Firmwide Tax Processing Leader and is a member of the Global Services Team.
Tax Processing Lead
- Oversee career development and performance management of team members as well as scheduling of tax processing work.
- Review projects and coordinate work flow to ensure adequate coverage with tax processing and business support needs.
- Assist with implementation of firmwide projects, policies and standards at the local office level.
- Prepare and distribute communications relative to tax processing and business support to Tax group.
- Use extensive knowledge of internal business practices and priorities to proactively respond to daily issues and requests as authorized, keeping them apprised of critical issues.
Tax Processing and Project Responsibilities
- Process business and individual tax returns and e-file, utilizing firm determined processes and procedures and firm tracking systems to ensure all data is entered.
- Create, edit and format .pdf files using Adobe Professional.
- Prepare and distribute various types of business unit reports including recognizing trends and providing data analysis and reconciliation.
- Research information and summarize findings using various Internet search engines and research sites.
- Plan and participate in meetings/conference calls or events, including scheduling and communication, maintaining information and preparing and distributing materials, and following up on action items.
- Administer content and materials on databases, SharePoint sites and other systems including document management.
- Manage various special projects from start to finish using Microsoft, database or web based applications including working with others to ensure quality and timely completion.
- Utilize tracking systems to ensure all time and materials are recorded, project work and type are tracked and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
- Five years or greater administrative and project work experience working in a professional services and/or consulting firm environment is required. Tax processing experience preferred, but not required.
- College coursework in office or business administration or equivalent experience required. College degree preferred.
- Experience as a performance manager and coaching and developing teams required.
- Ability to learn various other programs and applications as necessary and/or required.
- User expertise with office technology equipment such as multi-function devices.
- Extensive administrative background and technical competence with experience writing communications and reviewing documents for quality assurance.
- Leads through example by establishing goals and driving results through excellent coaching, facilitating and team building and recognition.
- Experience managing projects and business support areas including leveraging others in order to complete projects.
- Experience with change management and organizational effectiveness.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting terminology is preferred, but not required.
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal skills, professional presence and exceptional customer service.
- Highly effective and polished oral and written communication skills and competency in grammar and attention to detail.
- Process oriented, accurate and quality focused with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and tasks to proactively respond and keep business leadership apprised of critical issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and report trends and make recommendations.
- Ability to handle key assignments of confidential nature, exercise a high degree of discretion and maintain highly confidential information.
- Ability to understand and strictly adhere to the brand and quality standards and procedures established by Crowe Horwath.
- Demonstrate openness to new challenges and opportunities and continuous learning as well as leveraging technology to solve business problems.
- Results and profit-oriented with the ability to balance other business consideration.
- Ability to function in high stress situations attributed to tight deadlines and multiple client needs or team needs.
- Experience teaching and guiding others on use of software, tools and process.
- Able to work flexible hours and schedule including some Saturday’s and late evenings based upon project work and peak busy times.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, based on project schedules and peak business periods. Estimate an annual average of 5% overtime.
- Flexible to occasional travel based on business support need.
- Some light lifting, walking, standing and bending involved.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential job functions and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties performed by personnel occupying this position.
Visit Crowecareers.com and find out what it's like to work with people who love what they do!
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values®,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
A little about us:
Crowe Horwath LLP is a public accounting, consulting and technology firm dedicated to connecting specialized knowledge with innovative technology to bring value to our clients.