We are seeking an experienced Mergers & Acquisition Tax Specialist
for IBM's corporate tax department. The selected candidate will advise our Corporate Development and Business Development groups with respect to acquisitions, dispositions and joint venture opportunities. The candidate will be involved throughout the deal life cycle, from opportunity identification through deal execution. The ideal candidate should have strong tax technical skills in areas such as:
- subchapter C, including section 367
- subpart F income
- the foreign tax credit system
and should have familiarity with transfer pricing rules and the taxation of financial instruments. The ideal candidate should also have between 5-10 years of experience:
- working with senior business leaders, finance and legal teams to clearly articulate tax concepts;
- calculating the tax consequences of a deal for use in financial modeling;
- assisting the preparation of the tax section of diligence reports;
- reviewing financial statements and valuation reports;
- working with external counsel to draft relevant contract provisions;
- developing structuring plans to guide execution in a manner that meets the business and other functional teams needs;
- working with tax accounting to ensure that transactions are properly recorded in the books and records; and
- collaborating within IBM Tax to ensure that all projects are accurately reported on IBM's tax returns and are properly documented for audit.
If you match the qualifications and you desire to develop your career with a global IT leader with diverse businesses, please apply today for immediate and confidential consideration.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.