As a Tax Senior Associate, you will help support Firm growth, identify and seize new business opportunities and work closely with tax team leads. We provide an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to strategic tax planning and compliance, deal structure consultations, and business advisory services.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in a variety of partnership, S-corporation, C-Corporation and individual taxation.
- Works with the tax team to prepare and review tax returns
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Recognizes and informs senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate
- Handles routine client tax questions, and works with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance
- Stays informed about Firm capabilities other than tax compliance area, and promotes these activities to clients when appropriate
- Completes research and special projects as needed
- Minimum of 3+ years of recent experience in Public Accounting with an emphasis in taxation
- Experience with S Corporations and Partnerships
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- CPA license a plus
- Strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation, review experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as good computer skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with a national or large regional accounting firm is a plus
- Masters of Taxation preferred, but not required
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.