Understanding the impact of existing tax laws is hard enough. The constant stream of new legislation, ruling and interpretations compounds the challenge. RSM's Washington National Tax (WNT) practice rapidly addresses client's complex issues through a wide range of domestic and international planning and advisory services. Constantly in contact with tax officials and legislators, WNT offers early insight to help clients understand and plan for the ramifications of emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their business.
The WNT practice is seeking an experienced professional to join our team as a Senior Director to provide quantitative advisory services to private sector clients that analyze proposed policy issues, support regulatory compliance, enhance business processes, and provide litigation support. Our services include applied economic and business research, statistical analysis and sampling, and econometric modeling.
The successful Senior Director will:
- Provide statistical sampling analysis in accordance with Rev Proc 2011-42 for meals & entertainment studies, R&D tax credit studies, cost segregation studies, tangible asset improvements vs. repairs studies and other projects as needed
- Work on key client issues involving policy and regulatory issues, with a focus on enhancing client strategies that align with the client's business objectives through quantitative analysis
- Manage key components of multiple tax engagements, including strategy, planning, risk assessment, team management, engagement economics and delivery of exceptional client service
- Challenge the effectiveness of the strategy and approach for all engagements
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies
- Develop strong relationships across a network of existing and future clients and key stakeholders
- Provide insight, connectedness and responsiveness to all clients while demonstrating a good understanding of their business
- Develop tools to evaluate economic and fiscal implications of proposed policies and apply econometric methodologies to measure compliance with existing regulations
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of policy issues
- Design and implement quantitative and analytical software applications
- Focus on people/talent development by counselling, coaching and impacting others through identification of stretch and challenging goals
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, statistics or mathematics
- 6 - 8 years of related work experience
- Interest and ability to apply quantitative methods in a business environment
- A commitment to teamwork and the ability to direct the work of other team members
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a team environment and effectively meet deadlines
- Computer skills, including familiarity with statistical programming and database management
- Willingness and ability to travel
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.