EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team! The opportunity
EY"s FSO tax practice provides comprehensive and specialized tax assistance tailored to the unique needs of the asset management industry. You would join our tax professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced with varied and specialized facets of hedge fund, private equity fund and mutual fund taxation, including fund and organizational structuring, tax minimization planning, on-call advice, and tax compliance. Your key responsibilities
As a manager in our Wealth & Asset Management practice, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating tax compliance and advisory work for clients. You would work on key client issues in domestic federal, international and state and local taxation with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives. You will manage tax compliance accounts for hedge funds and or private equity funds. You will review extensive securities analysis, make appropriate tax adjustments, and provide sign-off for the production and delivery of K-1"s and partnership tax returns. You will be responsible for reviewing partnership agreements and private placement memorandums for tax implications of items such as book and tax allocations, stuffing provisions, management and incentive fees as well as run the day to day activities on the accounts that are spread across various locations. Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Solid technical knowledge - you will have to review partnership book/tax allocations including aspect such as incentive fee re-allocation, side pocket, transfer partnership interest, fill up/down
- The ability to teach or assist in firm in - house trainings
- Ability to analyse trading reports for tax character and book tax differences, such as wash sales, constructive sales, straddles, and other securities issues.
- Build impactful relationships with new and existing clients and maintain relationship with firm leadership
- Create a positive and trusting environment where team members know each other and feel a part of their team
- Able to identify key tax technical issues and raise the appropriate questions before the work is sent for review to the partner or senior manager - and consult when necessary
What we look for
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of related work experience; or an advanced degree in tax or law and a minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- CPA license or a licensed Attorney is required or the ability to achieve either within a one year from hire date
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant tax experience or equivalent experience in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the financial services industry gained through direct involvement with managed investment vehicles
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation and exposure to state and local tax
- Ideally, you"ll also have
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in mentoring and training others
Hard working team player who is comfortable partnering with others as well as working independently. Detailed oriented performer who can multi-task and meet deadlines. Open mindedness and creative solutions to the job every day. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you"ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 22 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that"s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we"re using the finance products, expertise and systems we"ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we"ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
A little about us:
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We are united by our shared values, which inspire our people.