Under the general direction of the Manager, this position typically provides day-to-day direction to operations and/or support staff in the office and remote locations. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Provides day-to-day mentoring to team members on performance metrics, program processes ensuring team members are performing in-line with program standards.
- Provides input on individual, as well as, group training needs.
- Trains new and current team members on program standard operating procedures, provides routine updates and addresses team member questions.
- Participates in team meetings as well as prepares agenda, and meeting notes.
- Tracks progress on initiatives.
- Interface and engage with associates at least 50% of the time to assist with answering questions and provide mentoring.
- Understands program contract obligations and is able to communicate in order to drive program performance
- May identify new approaches to enhance current service.
- Compiles and provides a wide range of routine reports related to program operations for program management and clients.
- Identifies problems, investigates, recommends, and implements solutions.
- Identifies and recommends innovative solutions to improve and streamline current processes.
- Assists in the development of processes and procedures.
- Monitors adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Stays abreast with industry trends and issues.
- Audits program activity related to contract and data integrity.
- Updates administrative permissions to intranet team page, databases, etc.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business or healthcare administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences, social work or other vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or relevant experience. Position requires depth and breadth of sustained experience in key areas such as leadership, communication, mentoring and developing others gained by working in advanced level roles with increasing levels of responsibility such as Senior Reimbursement Counselor or above. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to apply and understand operational processes, policies and standard operating procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize and work independently while giving strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a variety of audiences; strong presentation skills required to facilitate team discussions and team meetings; ability to provide timely and respectful feedback to support program standard operating procedures, customer service and Company policies.
- Ability to develop and motivate a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook. Knowledge of computer database systems and functionality.
- Ability to support a vision and direction
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and adapt to changes in business needs.
- Knowledge of healthcare payers and policies to include private payers, Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
- Ability to resolve program related issues effectively and efficiently and ability to escalate issues when needed.
- Use appropriate judgment in assessing and escalating program and associate issues.
- Demonstrated experience working in a lead role training, mentoring and coaching others.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.