The Engineering Team Lead will lead the site Engineering team and will be a member of the Whiting Clean Energy (WCE) Leadership Team. This role will routinely engage with the Operations, HSSE, and Commercial Functions while managing critical site level activities and delivering safe, compliant, and reliable engineering support. In addition, this role will be the Single Point of Accountability (SPA) regarding all site level engineering activities including; inspection programs, budgeting, turnarounds, and project development and execution. In addition this role is accountable for ensuring the site's compliance to all external auditing and over-site agencies through the Compliance Assurance Specialist role.Key accountabilities
• Member of the Whiting Clean Energy (WCE) Leadership Team.
• Routinely engage with the Operations, Maintenance, HSSE, and Commercial Functions while managing critical site level activities and delivering safe, compliant, and reliable engineering support.
• Single Point of Accountability (SPA) regarding all site level engineering activities including;
o inspection program
o project development and execution.
o is accountable for ensuring the site's compliance to all external auditing and over-site agencies through the Compliance Assurance Specialist role.Essential Education
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering discipline.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Minimum of 8 years engineering experience in Power, Refining or Petrochemical Industries.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience in cost control, budgeting, & contractor cost management.
- Technical knowledge of refining or power plant operations.
- Strong computer skills to include maintenance management system, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Demonstrated ability to work well and lead others in a team environment
- Must satisfactorily complete a physical screening and respiratory fit testing
- Must be willing to work alternate schedules as required during turnarounds and projects
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
NegotiableIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future
The BP Whiting Refinery is located on the south-western shore of Lake Michigan and the Indiana Harbor Ship Canal in the communities of Whiting, East Chicago and Hammond, Indiana. Whiting Refinery is the second largest refinery in the BP refining system, and the 6th largest refinery in the United States. Operations began in 1889, prior to the advent of the automobile.
Today, BP is investing several billion dollars in Northwest Indiana to modernize its Whiting Refinery for the processing of heavier crudes. The modernization is essential to the long-term viability of the refinery, and includes well over a billion dollars in environmental improvements. BP Whiting Refinery employs thousands of full-time employees and contractors. The Whiting Refinery Modernization Project is employing thousands of additional contractors. The modernization project will provide for greater energy security in the Midwest, as conventional supplies of the lighter crudes diminish, and are replaced by heavier crudes.
As we progress with the project, the health, safety and security of our employees, and of those who come into contact with our operations and products, remains our highest priority. Our policy is that no job is worth doing, unless it is done safely, while protecting our shared natural environment.Segment
[ "23-Nov-2017" ]
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.