Position Description Summary:
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. Our company brings together a team of exceptional healthcare and business professionals whose multidisciplinary experience fulfills an unmet need in the marketplace. We provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies. We are leaders and innovators-uncompromising in our determination to uncover hidden insights and shatter previous limitations.
Xcenda currently provides healthcare reimbursement teams for several pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical clients. Teams are responsible for providing field support for patient access to the client's products through interaction with the client's reimbursement support program. Reimbursement specialists provide their expertise and experience to help resolve patient access issues and to provide educational services within a physician office environment. Reimbursement specialists work directly with prescribers and their office support staff and commonly interact with other reimbursement and patient support services provided by the clients.
Xcenda is currently recruiting for Team Leads to manage a team of Field Reimbursement Specialists (FRSs). The Team Lead will be responsible for managing assigned aspects of the reimbursement environment for the physician-administered products in a given geographical area, as well as managing their assigned FRS team. As the team mentor, the Team Lead will oversee the team's activities, work closely with the manufacturer and participate in team ramp up activities. In addition, and like their direct reports, the Team Lead will work directly to support the regional needs of the manufacturer's sales force and their customers, will serve as experts in local and regional payer policies and will provide services to facilitate appropriate patient access and the appropriate utilization of services to support access to care.
The home location of the Team Lead is flexible although the position is required to live within 45 minutes, assuming typical morning traffic patterns, of a major U.S. airport serviced by at least two major carriers.
Xcenda will not pay relocation expenses for these positions. Each Team Lead will report to an Xcenda Senior Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Team Lead will manage a team of FRSs as well as perform daily activities that support appropriate patient access to our client's physician-administered products in healthcare facilities and provider offices. They will take the lead on client management activities and communication of FRS performance and opportunities.
The Team Lead will provide oversight of team activities to ensure all FRSs are on track and meeting their objectives. Working closely with the client, the Team Lead will conduct weekly teleconferences to provide reimbursement updates, key learning and general information sharing. They will demonstrate appropriate transparency with the client to ensure information is leveraged to identify solutions and execute with minimal supervision.
Team Lead field activities include, but are not limited to, reviewing patient benefit options, prior authorization requirements and alternate funding/financial assistance programs, reviewing appropriate billing and coding for products, assisting with resolving reimbursement issues, and coordinating with the client's patient support services programs representatives. The Team Lead will also coordinate confirmation of paid claims tracking. Additionally, they educate physician office staff on the use of the client's patient assistance and reimbursement support services, including web-based provider programs, and provide information on relevant reimbursement topics related to the client's products.
The Team Lead will be responsible for collaborating with other business units to identify new business opportunities to further develop the client interactions. They will have key contacts with clients and will be responsible for leveraging opportunities to support the organization.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
• Minimum of two years experience as an FRS with at least three years of previous management experience required, preferably within healthcare provider support such as a Physician Practice, Patient Assistance Program or similar pharmaceutical/biological support program.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of specialty specific practice or billing management experience or advanced degree and a minimum of three years of specialty specific practice or billing management experience required.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
• Client product-specific experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to conduct field-based reimbursement support and consultation
• Experience with healthcare reimbursement billing, coding, and appeals processes
• Knowledge of structure, systems, reimbursement methodology and processes, rules and regulations associated with private payers, government payers, especially Medicare and Medicaid with a strong ability to interpret and explain
• Ability to analyze and interpret regulation and legislation and provide supportive training for team members and clients
• Demonstrated presentation and both written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership (assessment, analysis, coaching and mentoring) and teamwork abilities
• Project management skills including strong Excel and PowerPoint experience and knowledge required with CRM experience preferred
• Ability to work independently and remotely
• Ability to travel overnight for three to four nights per week
• Ability to manage expenses within allocated budgets
• Good driving record
• Residences within 45 minute drive of major airport (served by at least two major U.S. carriers) during typical morning traffic
• Ability to utilize own car for travel (mileage reimbursed)
• Excellent computer skills, including solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products as demonstrated by ability to score above 80% on Xcenda assessment tools
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.