Eaton located in Arden, NC has an opening for a Production Team Lead & Electrical Tester to work on 1st Shift.
The primary function of the job is to Assist in leading the production activities of a group within the product line and provide production related guidance to employees. Plan and execute manufacturing schedule to effectively meet customer requirements and company commitments. Manage schedules to ensure effective use of personnel, materials, equipment, and other company resources within assigned functional areas. Frequently check the manufacturing process to ensure adherence to standard work, and that safe working practices are followed. Support the health and safety of the employees by ensuring adherence to all MESH programs, initiatives, and alerts. Backup full time testers as required.
Primary Work Activities (90%):
- Perform direct labor work within your area of responsibility including flexing into any part of ATS as needed
- Allocate direct labor within your area of responsibility.
- Assist in planning and directing the manufacturing of orders to schedule.
- Check the process to ensure adherence to quality standards and standard work.
- Facilitate the training and instruction of employees within assigned area.
- Maintain standard work documents and provide production related guidance to employees within assigned area.
- Assist operations in responding positively to unusual or difficult situations, changes, material shortages, and varying manpower requirements.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure the continuing application of EQS standards to products and work processes.
- Assist Design, COE, and MOL engineering teams with continuous improvement of products and standards.
- Help champion continuous improvement and other CIF efforts within the product line.
- Drive corrective actions and other projects to improve the Tier 1 and 2 metrics.
- Utilize Outlook, Excel, AS/400, Enovia, DMM, and other computer programs to perform daily job functions.
- Test equipment, ensure it meets customer specifications as well as safety and quality requirements.
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Constantly evolve in product and process knowledge; may require additional classroom work or assigned reading.
- Follow procedures with accurately, efficiently and with strict attention to details.
- Troubleshoot various problems that could occur during course of test; requires Tester to think critically to solve problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair warranty and non-warranty problems
Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
No relocation is provided for this position. only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and develop employees.
Demonstrated ability to promote and maintain morale, cooperation, and productivity among peers in the work group.
Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must have proficient computer skills.
Ability to lift up to 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering from an accredited institution.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.