About the Opportunity
As a Machine Technician at Pitney Bowes, you thrive on meeting the company's mailing productivity standards and you deliver with precision. You see opportunities where others see challenges. Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join our Presort Service team in Reading,PA. You will be responsible for:Responsibilities
- Responsible for mechanical and electronic repairs of all equipment including printer and mail sorting equipment.
- Completes preventative maintenance according to Mail Preparation Total Quality Management and vendor operating standards.
- Responds to equipment break down or emergency situations with urgency and expediency.
- Consistently utilizes inventory, pm schedule and work order systems, and maintains the spare parts/supply inventory.
- Evaluates and assesses equipment problems by troubleshooting and completing repairs in a timely manner.
- Successful completion of Electronics course work usually provided in a program at a trade school or community college.
- AA degree in Electronics, Computer Science or related field of study is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows PC environment as it pertains to the operation of automated equipment.
- Minimum of one year of experience in maintaining, repairing, or installing mailing/ comparable equipment.
- Experience trouble-shooting and repairing complex mechanical equipment with at least one year of break/fix mechanical experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, establish priorities, and work under deadline pressures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- Walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and/or different shifts as needed with minimal notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.