At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Aide for the Stationery and Office Supplies Division located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary
This particular position is a temporary, part-time
assignment with 3M's Technical Aide Program. The Technical Aide Program is designed to support the 3M technical community. As a Technical Aide located in Maplewood, MN, you will be assisting the 3M technical staff in the performance of their job responsibilities. It is a great way to get relevant work experience that complements your education.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
The person hired for the position of Technical Aide will have the opportunity to work in the Stationery and Office Supplies Laboratory to develop new products and new technologies. This person will develop skills and gain work experience in a research setting.
This position part-time, temporary and is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.Basic Qualifications:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Making prototypes
- Developing test methods
- Testing products and prototypes to confirm they meet product specifications and consumer requirements
- Keeping accurate records in a laboratory notebook
- Communicating results in both oral and written form
- Completed at least one (1) semester of a post high school degree program from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of 3M experience as a technician in lieu of the above education requirements
Location: Maplewood, MNRelocation: Is not authorized
- Currently enrolled or graduated from a Bachelor's level degree program at an accredited university with a declared major in chemistry or engineering, having completed the sophomore year (minimum 4 semesters of university curriculum)
- Current overall cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and database tools, development and manipulation
- Laboratory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.