Tech College Software Engineer, Senior Manager
Are you a lead software engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A master coder who has passion and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again. As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few. You will lead leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, writing beautiful code, while also providing functional and technical leadership, and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Drive tactical delivery for multiple teams.
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Partner with business systems analysts (BSAs), project managers (PMs), and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Enforce company policies in areas of development methodology, architecture, security, change and configuration management, compliance, and HR.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment
- Analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
- Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale software development projects through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree
- 10 years software development experience
- 6 years experience in Agile
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.