If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then Cummins is where you need to be. Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary People!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Expectations for the Portland-based Engine Technician II :
- Completes diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under limited supervision.
- Applies documented procedures and policies to complete complex repairs, including identifying and preparing required parts and tools
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble engines and /or engine components
- Performs preventative maintenance based on assessment of engines
- Assists more experienced technicians with diagnostics and development of repair plans engines in the workshop
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Adheres to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to their supervisor
Skill Level A
Level I Technician plus :
- Ability to carry out basic diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types with minimal supervision
- Able to fully use all required Cummins service tools including Insite, EDS, Quick Serve On Line
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements
- Can resolve common technical problems
Skill Level B
Skill Level A plus :
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to carry out full diagnostics using Cummins diagnostic tools on different product types without supervision
- In depth mechanical repair and maintenance capability to carry out external engine repairs including fuel system components without supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships
Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
Locally valid driving permit (Preferred) Experience
Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
Model Cummins values May be required to work a swing shift Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins