At GE Aviation in Hooksett, New Hampshire, we are imagination at work.
Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise
reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that
solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment
where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and
looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll
work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology
and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines,
we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about
aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe
for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Develop and improve multi-axis N/C processes for production and development hardware (i.e. machining programs, machine tooling and associated equipment.)
• Set up and operation of machine tool equipment (both N/C and standard-types) to support business goals.
• Work to blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions to produce hardware
• Perform in-process dimensional checks, including CMM operations/set up
• Expedite hardware in areas of responsibility.
• Support production and development work as needed.
• Troubleshoot process issues
• Create/revise planning for production & development processes
• Provide direction to other skilled employees
• Data collection, analysis and dissemination
• Providing environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, and/or production flow job duties.
• Maintaining detailed job task documentation and records.
+ High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 3-years of experience in advanced manufacturing or complex inspection disciplines.
+ Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a technical-related field from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 2-years of applied advanced manufacturing or complex inspection related experience;
+ Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 3-years of experience in advanced manufacturing or complex inspection disciplines.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the set-up and operation of a multitude of precision machine tools.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the set-up and operation of precision inspection gages, measuring tools and instruments.
• Experience in performing advanced mathematical calculations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpretation of mechanical blueprints, engineering specifications and drawings.
• CMM Inspection or other digital equipment operation experience.
• Numerical Control programming experience i.e., Computed Aided Design (CAD), Solidworks, Siemens NX, APT, etc.
• Demonstrated use of oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web-based.
• Experience in Lean Six Sigma fundamentals.
• Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others, and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
• Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
Locations: United States; New Hampshire; Hooksett
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.