Every day at Oracle we change the way the world does business by challenging the status quo through the delivery of innovative cloud, infrastructure and data platform services. The largest names in technology and global business rely heavily on Oracle's Paas, IaaS and SaaS Platforms. We continue to push the boundaries of technology and currently offer the most comprehensive end-to-end cloud stack on the market. We passionately believe that our cloud technology helps businesses stay agile, competitive, innovate faster and capitalize on new opportunities.
During the 2016 Oracle OpenWorld conference we unveiled our next generation of Software as a Service (SaaS) Cloud offerings called Adaptive Intelligent Apps (AIA). Adaptive Intelligent Apps are uniquely powered by enormous amounts of digital consumer and business data from Oracle's Data Cloud, sophisticated decision science/machine learning, and a scalable cloud infrastructure. Adaptive Intelligent Apps blends third-party data with real-time analytics and behavioral inputs to create Cloud Applications that adapt and learn. The applications will use data from Oracle's Data Cloud, social media and other sources to drive automated outcomes in a number of horizontal and vertical application segments. This is an exciting emerging venture for Oracle, leveraging latest technology in the mobile, big data and cloud application spaces.
Learn more about Adaptive Intelligent Apps Here:
And Here: https://cloud.oracle.com/en_US/adaptive-intelligent-apps
Our small, but rapidly growing team, is building the AIA platform from the ground-up. This is a unique opportunity to join an elite engineering team focused on the development of a new cloud and infrastructure technology. This is an exciting venture within Oracle with the opportunity to work with a really talented global engineering community. We want you to come and share your ideas and knowledge around how to best deploy, tool, automate and support this cutting edge product.
As a Hands-on DevOps Tech Lead, you will be a key contributor in defining the vision for the build and release automation services. You will provide technical leadership to the team that is building, evaluating, and deploying the software stack. Your knowledge and ideas will help choose and deploy commercial and open-source tools and technologies to build and support a software engineering environment, with an emphasis on operational self-service and continuous integration.
This is an emerging venture within Oracle and a successful candidate should be prepared to :
- Own and drive improvements to our build and release scripts, tools, and processes
- Help define best practices for source control, continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Encourage and enforce best practices to enable rapid new feature development while maintaining multiple functioning software products
- Install, configure, and extend a variety of software systems, including software for version control, code peer review, compilation, continuous integration, continuous deployment.
- Automate the compilation, continuous integration, testing, packaging, and distribution of multiple software components
- Work closely with developers to tailor tools and solutions for rapidly evolving needs
- Standardize, automate and document setup of development and production environments
- Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools
- Participation in technology selection and architecture review to ensure minimized operational downtime.
Required Skills / Requirements :
- Minimum 10 Years of experience in release management and DevOps including release, build and Software Configuration Management (SCM) Experience should include SCM, Build/Release Management, and Change/Incident Management, Managed Build and deployments in both PROD and Non-Production.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity
- Experience source control tools such as GIT/Github, SVN, or Perforce.
- Hands-on experience with build tools Maven and Gradle for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively
- Experience in using Artifactory, Nexux Repository Managers for Maven and Docker build artifacts and promotion pipeline.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, Clover, PMD, findbugs and checkstyle
- Experience in automating large scale deployments with modern configuration and deployment management systems using configuration management tools such as Docker, Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Experience installing, administering and managing Hadoop clusters (Hortonworks)
- Strong background and experience with Linux platforms
Preferred Qualifications Desired Skills/Experience
-Certified Developer and Certified Administrator on popular Hadoop distributions (Hortonworks, Cloudera)
-Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure and provisioning technologies
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.