Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Technical Product Support Specialist - Electrical to join our Product Support team. The successful candidate will be experienced in the application, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting & repair of electrical systems, wiring and controls. You will have the ability to utilize your extensive hands-on technical knowledge to handle calls from our customers in the areas of pre-sales selection, post-sales support, application and troubleshooting assistance for our products. Your customer base will include external customers such as suppliers, contractors as well as internal customers including parts & sourcing specialists, sales and branch personnel.
- Must have 5+ years hands-on field experience in the application, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems, wiring, and controls
- Must have experience with residential, commercial and industrial electrical systems.
- Must be fluent in AC and DC circuitry up to 600v, single and three phase systems and the ability to troubleshoot control circuitry
- Industrial electrical maintenance is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to interpret one line wiring diagrams, control circuit drawings, and electrical schematics
- Must have basic computer skills, to include; email activity, navigating the internet and MS Office applications.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.