What you will do
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.How you will do it
As a Fire Alarm Tech Rep you will be responsible for Programming/commissioning on Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, Intercom, Camera and Paging systems. You will have communication with office, customer and management on progress of each project daily. You will work with electricians, general contractors, office staff as well as Fire Marshals and AHJ's to complete each project. You will also work towards promoting and maintaining safe environments and working habits. What we look for
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in low voltage installation, preferably fire alarm installation.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams and specifications used in installation activities.
- Ability to travel 10-20% overnight in a year
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50lbs
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Team mentality
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.