Technician Representative Job Description What you will do
In this position you will service, program, and troubleshoot a wide variety of electronic life safety systems including: fire alarm, nurse call, access control, CCTV, etc. You will work closely with the Fire Alarm Service Supervisor and the Service A&D dispatcher/coordinator for the electronic business. You will be responsible for servicing the calls assigned to you, requesting repair parts, and the correct paperwork necessary for the completion of your duties. How you will do it
QUALIFICATIONS What we look for:
- Service a variety of Life Safety electronic equipment from various manufacturers.
- Be timely in your attendance at work and for on-call/after-hours duties.
- Perform a wide variety of duties including attending training classes when available.
- Backup other technicians for overflow calls
- Complete the necessary actions to arrive, depart, and debrief your service calls in real time.
- Work safely at elevated levels using the appropriate PPE
- Be able to lift 40lbs.
- Assist customers with any and all questions and/or concerns while on the job.
Who we are
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Valid and acceptable NC state driver's license
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work safely and independently with minimal direction
- Excellent phone skills and strong interaction skills with customers
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in the following systems: Fire Alarm, Access Control, Security, CCTV (preferably Simplex, Radionics, Ademco, Notifier, Silent Knight, EST)
- 2 years field experience
- NICET Certification Preferred and ability to obtain a NC ASLB certification
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.