Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers to places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have a unique capability to harmonize the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas, because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: <https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture> Check out all our products at: <http://www.microsoft.com/en-us>
The Impact You’ll Be Making
As a Surface Technical Solutions Professional, you will be part of a team of specialized technical resources that support Microsoft sales teams in large sales and deployments of critical first party Microsoft hardware and software. You will be a deep technical expert on Microsoft Surface technologies and will play a pivotal role in Surface sales engagements. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in customer facing roles, be a deep subject matter expert in hardware and operating systems and will have had success in delivering mobile solutions to Enterprise customers. As a Surface Technology Solutions Professional (TSP), you will:
Drive the technical decision at the customer to buy, architect, develop or adopt their solution based on Microsoft technology:
- Provide deep subject matter expertise on the entire Surface portfolio (Surface Hub, Studio, Book, Laptop, and future devices), Surface accessories, 3rd party accessories and Microsoft Windows operating systems in mobile scenarios and how these all come together to solve enterprise mobility needs across security, management, productivity and apps
- Explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth what Microsoft Surface solutions can do and how to enable and manage them for the largest enterprise customers by driving technical presentations, demonstrations, Architecture & Design Sessions, Proofs of Concept and Pilots, leveraging sellers in partner organizations or Microsoft Services as needed
- Provide pre-sales technical support to enable customers and partners to architecture, develop, deploy and use Surface devices
- Clear technical, competitive and security blockers to Surface sales
- Drive architecture and technical discussion to lead security, privacy, and compliance discussions
- Act with superior customer focus in mind as an integral member of Microsoft sales teams in generating excitement to fill and accelerate the sales pipeline using deep technical expertise in the core domain as well as in adjacent technologies
Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources:
- Provide leadership on Surface in technical and seller communities within Microsoft and among key partners
- Engage with Channel team resources, creating a pod of resources working with and supporting channel partner efforts; leverage partners to lead on hardware refresh, upsell, and extend sales motions
- Provide feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements, including customer impact and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
- Communicate and escalate technical, architectural and competitive blockers and insight to their appropriate channel
- Develop partner engagements for driving the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions
- Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with other technical resources (internaly and from Partner) for other Microsoft products and services
Stay sharp and share your knowledge:
- Maintaining and expanding personal, technical, competitive, sales and deployment lifecycle readiness in a service oriented world
- Participate in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain
Who We Are Looking For Professional
- Industry Experience. 3-5 years’ experience in driving successful device and mobility customer engagements with a focus on hardware, mobile devices and/or devices in enterprise scenarios (preferred)
- Technical Depth. 5+ years technical pre-sales experience, consultative design, implementation, and/or support of hardware and operating systems sales
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills with 5+ years of success in managing complex selling processes and managing various customers’ stakeholder relationships (primary: TDM, secondary: BDM) to get consensus on solutions and projects
- Executive Presence. Proven experience engaging with senior level executives with ability to articulate and demonstrate the advantages of hardware and devices to senior business, technical decision makers, and front-line technologists
- Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations
- Collaborative Creativity. Able to work cohesively with members of the sales & services field, partners, and corporate sales, engineering, and marketing
- Exceptional problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources when needed
- Travel required: 50% US Citizen required. Federal government clearance or ability to obtain desired. Technical knowledge of Windows 10 devices and the Surface portfolio
- Deep working knowledge of the following hardware and operating system areas:
o Hardware specifications and use cases in enterprise environments
o Security & mobile device management o Skype for Business
o Office 365
o Line of business apps (ISV and custom)
o Mobile productivity
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.