Technology Solutions Professional - Modern Desktop
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference. To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture. Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Impact You’ll Be Making: One of the most critical priorities for Microsoft is to support customers in their transition into the Modern Desktop which comprises Windows 10 Enterprise and Office 365 clients (Office 365, Office 365 Pro Plus, etc.) managed by Modern IT using modern System Center Configuration Manager, Intune and Azure AD and updated regularly through the as-a-service model. As a Modern Desktop Technology Solutions Professional (TSP) you will: Drive the technical decision at the customer to buy, architect, develop or adopt their solution based on Microsoft technology: Explain, demonstrate, and prove to the largest enterprise customers what Microsoft’s products and services can do and how to enable and manage them by driving technical presentations, demonstrations, Architecture Design Sessions, Proof of Concepts and Pilots, leveraging Partner and or Microsoft Services Organization as needed Clear technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Microsoft Modern Desktop sales Lead architectural and technical Modern Desktop solution sales and usage discussions.
Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources: Be the subject matter expert for Windows 10 clients and Office 365 clients on your local sales team. Communicate and escalate technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and insights to the appropriate channel. Develop partner engagements for driving the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft Modern Desktop solutions. Orchestrate cross-workload solutions with other technical resources (internally and with Partners) for other Microsoft products and services. Partner with the security-focused technical sales resources to land the value of Windows Enterprise and Windows Security Support Virtualization and Remote Desktop Services technical conversations and opportunities Support the collaboration, productivity and security-focused sales resources in driving the Customer Success Plan for Office ProPlus activations and Windows 10 deployment across Enterprise customers Shaping current and future products and marketing strategies through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering. Stay sharp and share your knowledge. Continuously nurture and expand your technical, sales, and competitive readiness. Participate in internal Microsoft technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domain.
Who We Are Looking For:
• Technical Solution Leader
• Client technologies architect: The expertise and ability to explain key end-user solutions and technical architectures in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise, Office 365 clients and Modern Desktop technology components like SCCM, AD, BitLocker, Virtualization, Remote Desktop, etc. required.
• Cloud Trust. Demonstrated knowledge of identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance, and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions preferred.
• Technical breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management preferred
• Collaborative. Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft partners required.
• Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
• Executive Presence. Validated experience engaging with senior level executives preferred.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required. Consummate Professional
• 5+ years of related experience in technical pre-sales and/or technical consulting roles preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field required.
• Certification in Windows and Office 365 client technologies (MCSA or MCSE) preferred.
• Certification in information security (CompTIA, CEH, CISSP, CISAM) desired
• Certification in IT Infrastructure Architecture (CITA, MCA, MCSE) desired
• Certification in Virtualization solutions (MCITP, MCSE) desired
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.