Microsoft is “the productivity and platform company” that enables our customers and partners to thrive in a “mobile-first and cloud-first world”. The US One Commercial Partner Technical Team (OCP) is uniquely positioned to help accelerate that vision by delivering transformational app experiences that drive the ecosystem through our partners. We have a tremendous opportunity for a talented, highly technical individual who is not only an expert in building great solutions, but loves helping other companies to do the same. Is this YOU?!
Your role as a Technical Evangelist (TE) will be to ensure our software partners are successful delivering great solutions to their customers. You’ll focus primarily on Azure/Cloud, but will also leverage your knowledge of developing for client technologies (Windows, Office, Mobile) to help our partners thrive in a “mobile first, cloud-first world”. The TE is a technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end technical architecture and app deployment experience. You will own technical partner engagements by leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), and Proof of Concepts (POC) while also providing project management oversight and technical guidance through app development, testing and delivery into the market. You’ll have a crucial role in managing technical relationships with key technical leaders at some of the most innovative companies in the US.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer and partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical and economic value discussions with executives and senior technical decision makers, driving key decisions and implementation strategies. Candidates need to possess the ability to impact and influence customers and partners with a high degree of autonomy, energy, flexibility and the drive to create real and measurable business results.
The Technical Evangelist is responsible for:
• Serving as a trusted technical advisor to top ISV partners
• Executing rapid technical feasibility studies for moving identified workloads to Azure
• Building technical and security architectures in Azure for identified workloads
• Selecting a migration approach to move workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development or production platform for new applications
• Executing Architecture Design Sessions (ADS) or Proofs of Concept (POC)
• Managing and overseeing ISV or SI partner application development projects
• Documenting and sharing technical best practices and insights with Microsoft product groups and partner technical communities
• Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
• Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic customers and partners
• Track record of driving decisions collaboratively and resolving conflicts with consistent and reliable follow through
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrate technical thought leadership in customer-facing situations
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree preferred
• 5+ year’s design, implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications demonstrating strong architectural skills to ensure availability, reliability, etc.
• Media Post Production experience (including knowledge of Ingest to Delivery) desired
• 2+ years’ experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud
• Infrastructure experience working with virtual machines (e.g., Hyper-V, VMWare, AWS), VPN, network architecture and routing, Active Directory
• Experience with automated deployment and configuration management of operating systems and applications using tools such as PowerShell, Chef and/or Puppet.
• Experience with System Center 2012 R2 and Linux is additionally helpful
• Working knowledge of cloud technical components:
o Systems operations and management
o IP Networking
o IT Security
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies: .NET, C#, XAML, ObjectiveC, or Java
• Passion for technology and modern application development practices
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both small and large audiences
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic changing environment
Preferred candidates will have:
• Possess one or more Microsoft Azure certifications
• Visible online presence via a blog, online forum or wiki, or social media or com
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.